POSITION DESCRIPTION- FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE
The St. James is actively seeking a Girls Academy Staff Coach based out of Loudoun, VA The St. James soccer operates the full developmental lifecycle of soccer programming and training from learn-to-play programming through elite travel team training, camps, clinics, leagues and collegiate showcases across the Greater Washington Region. We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Girls Academy (GA) Staff Coach to join The St. James FC Virginia Soccer Club. The GA program – which spans from U13 to U19 – has consistently achieved remarkable success and has won multiple national championships. The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing young athletes, possess strong coaching credentials, and have a deep understanding of player development at the elite youth level.
• Player Development: Foster a positive learning environment that supports the holistic development of young female athletes. Focus on technical, tactical, physical, and mental aspects of the game to help players reach their full potential.
• Coaching and Training: Plan, organize, and conduct engaging training sessions that align with the club's philosophy and the needs of the GA teams. Develop training programs that cater to players' individual skill levels and progression.
• Match Preparation: Prepare the GA teams for competitive matches, ensuring players are well-prepared tactically and mentally. Attend and actively participate in matches, providing guidance and feedback to players during game situations.
• Player Evaluation: Conduct regular assessments and evaluations of player performance. Provide constructive feedback to players and collaborate with the coaching staff to create individual development plans.
• Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with players, parents, and club leadership. Address concerns and provide regular updates on player progress and team goals.
• Technical Expertise: Stay current with the latest developments in soccer coaching, methodology, and trends. Implement innovative coaching techniques and best practices for the GA program. • Leadership: Lead by example, demonstrating professionalism, sportsmanship, and a strong work ethic. Serve as a role model for young athletes on and off the field.
• Player Recruitment: Assist in identifying and recruiting talented players to enhance the competitiveness and quality of the GA program.
• Technological Proficiency: Ability to analyze match video, cut clips and edit for training / recruitment use
• USSF”B” or equivalent coaching license (e.g., UEFA, USC).
• Previous coaching experience at the girls youth level, preferably with a successful track record.
• Strong knowledge of the women's youth soccer landscape and college recruiting pathway.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Passion for player development and commitment to the club's values.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other coaching staff, parents, and players.
• Video editing skills
• First Aid and CPR certification preferred.
• Background check clearance and compliance with club policies.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume, coaching qualifications, and a cover letter detailing their coaching philosophy and experience with youth development to Soccer@thestjames.com. Please include "GA Staff Coach Application" in the subject line.